At Big Sofa we build technology that helps clients better understand human truths. We’re looking for talented individuals. Our offices are in London and Philadelphia.
A better way to understand human behaviour
Big Sofa is a technology business that’s grown out of an insight consultancy. We help organisations make sense of an ever increasing flood of images and video by creating bespoke spaces in our powerful online platform to help them capture, organise and search media; and through using our insight and consulting skills to help them analyse, make sense of it and generate meaning. Combined, we enable deeper consumer understanding, better collaboration and innovation in organisations.
We’re working with some of the biggest agencies in the consumer intelligence sector and multinational clients. It’s a fast paced, flexible environment where intelligence, curiosity and creativity are fundamental parts of how we work. We’re agile and open to ideas; and everyone who works for us has a role in shaping the company’s future as we grow.
Full Time - Development
We are hiring! Big Sofa are on the lookout for a DevOps engineer to help us develop and refine the infrastructure powering our Enterprise SaaS.
Our stack is currently Openstack managed with Puppet, but we are looking to move to a hybrid cloud stack. We operate on a flat hierarchy and are pretty flexible, and so would look to you for leadership in this area.
We are looking for someone collaborative, willing to share knowledge and work well with developers and non-developers alike. Someone with an understanding of business needs and limitations and a practical approach.
- Working with developers and product managers to spec out and plan new features
- Creating and provisioning new services, instances and other infra as required
- Supporting the roll-out and go live of those features
- Liaising with hosting providers and other third parties as necessary
- Occasionally assisting the development team
- Optimising the CI/CD process
- Keeping applications and operating systems up to date
- Upgrading and refactoring or migrating puppet scripts
- Various sysadmin type tasks as necessary
- Setup logging and monitoring
- Continually improve servers and services
- Work with developers to help with them identify and resolve performance issues
- Reviewing existing infra for weaknesses
- Liaising with pen-test and other security third parties to verify our security
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linux Systems Administration - broad experience in all areas required
- Web app hosting - DNS, Load balancing etc
- Continuous Integration / Continuous delivery - Travis, Capistrano
- Scripting - Bash / Ruby
- Cloud - AWS
- Automated provisioning - Puppet
- Data stores - especially MySQL but Postgres, queue systems desirable
- Performance monitoring
- Containerisation with docker, Kubernetes
- Other automated provisioning like Chef, Ansible
- Openstack especially Swift and Nova
- Automated testing of infrastructure code
Full Time - Product
Big Sofa is a tech start-up that’s grown out of an insight consultancy. Using our technology, we help organisations make sense of an ever increasing flood of images and video content, submitted directly by their consumers to power decision making and drive business strategy. We create bespoke spaces in our powerful online platform to help them organise, search and analyse media; and through using our insight and consulting skills draw out valuable insights. Our technology harnesses video analysis techniques and increasingly AI, machine learning and other technologies to aid human interpretation and insight creation. Our mission is to enable deeper consumer understanding, better collaboration and innovation in organisations.
We’re small but ambitious – we’re already working with a significant number of large multinational clients. It’s a fast paced, flexible environment where no two projects are the same – and where intelligence, curiosity and creativity are fundamental parts of how we work. We’re agile and open to ideas; and everyone who works for us has a role in shaping the company’s future as we grow.
As well as an informal environment and lots of social activities, following successful completion of probationary period, benefits of working at Big Sofa include company investment in personal development, private health Insurance, 25+ days holiday, life insurance and a pension scheme.
The role would primarily sit under the Product function of the business. Working as part of the product team, you would be largely tasked with leading feature delivery projects from conception to launch. This includes product and user research, requirements gathering, commercial understanding, planning with technical leads, feedback on UX, determining acceptance criteria and launch planning. It would be an opportunity to make a tangible difference to the company by developing new or improving existing features and functionality. You’ll also get the opportunity to be involved in product planning, process development and strategy.
- Scoping and designing new product features:
· Research and understand product requirements on a market, commercial, technical and user level
· Be able to evaluate the value features bring and establish project feasibility and/or a recommendation for approach
· Understand and be able to present the commercial implications – costs, value of feature to clients etc to the client and internal teams
· Give context for projects based on feature evaluations and context of product strategy and direction
· Specify detailed feature requirements
· Create wireframes/sketches/ideas for features
· Investigate the best technical approach to use for new features and services in conjunction development team
· Work with creative design team to create visuals as basis for new functionality
· Produce feature specification/ outline documents
· Work with development team to breakdown projects into deliverables
· Be an integral part of the delivery process – monitoring project progress and providing feedback as tasks are delivered
· Work with marketing and clients team to launch new functionality Monitor and measure feature success and consider proposals for further functionality development.
If you'd like to apply or find out a little bit more about the role, please email email@example.com
No recruiters please!
Nothing matching your skill set?
Follow us on twitter where we'll post new jobs as soon as they're live!